Monday, March 5, 2012

smile

Today's starting point? "Smile".

This sweet little pup is the one thing that will always bring a smile to my face. I love my Daisy so much, it's ridiculous. And she somehow knows when I'm having one of those days where I really need something to smile over. Like today. Like most of the "todays" lately.

I'm falling into the "deployment rhythm", I guess...all the days are rolling by steadily, blurring into one another, day after day. It feels like it's been forever since the ship sailed off into the distance, and then I look at a calendar and see that not much time has passed after all. It's a little depressing!

I've found myself using the weirdest things to mark time. Like, when I wrote my rent check the other day, I realized that I only have to write four more checks until I can move into another house. That doesn't seem very long at all! Or, the other day The Knot sent me a vaguely panicky email telling me that I only have 229 days until my wedding, and it dawned on me that it's only a little over seven months away and Adam will be home well before that.

It helps having a new batch of classes start every seven weeks. I've definitely got my hands full, and things will probably be hectic for the rest of the year, especially with grad school applications and all the fun stuff that comes with that next big step.

Today was just another groundhog day. Work, school, yoga, chores. Happy, frustrated, excited, sad. Now I'm just exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment