Saturday, March 3, 2012

Neighborhood





























So this is my neighborhood.

I wanted to live at the beach ever since I moved to San Diego, and about a year ago I found the cutest little cottage a half a block from the Pacific. It's teeny-tiny (390 square feet), but perfect...I have a little driveway to park in, a gorgeous backyard full of lovely tropical palm trees that the parrots love, and a washer/dryer. Parking, a yard, and laundry is pretty much the holy trinity of San Diego real estate, and I was stoked that I found it all so close to the water.

OB, as my neighborhood is affectionately known, is awesome. It's totally laid-back and mellow...Southern California beachy all the way. Adam and I love it, and while we're planning on finding something a little bigger when he gets home, we're trying hard to stay in the area.

The FRG had a "halfway to halfway" picnic today. It was a lot of fun...it's always good to get together with friends who miss their spouses as much as I do! And on the way home from the picnic, I got one of those precious phone calls from half a world away. It's amazing how deliriously happy I am to receive a too-short, crackly phone call from my extremely over-tired sweetheart...the sound of his voice is the most comforting thing on earth. It's like a warm blanket for my heart. The days are starting to tick by faster and faster, but I'm still so terribly lonely when I slide into our bed at night...that big cold empty space next to me makes my heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment