Thursday, January 12, 2012

huh?

So, I forgot how much these first couple of days suck. Especially right now, in the late afternoon, when Adam should be coming home from work and walking in the door and kissing me hello. No such luck today, though. Oh, well, only a few hundred more days...

My concentration skills are severely lacking today. I went on a sales call this morning, and the MA was trying to set up a follow up call. He suggested a day and time, and I guess I repeated back an entirely different day and time without realizing something was odd until I saw the look of utter bewilderment on his face. It was actually kinda funny. We got our calendars synced, eventually, and I realized I'm going to have to mainline coffee straight into my veins for a few weeks.

My concentration skills aren't helping me with school right now, either. Arizona State requires another science, since my UOG credits were starting to expire, so I jumped into an astronomy class/lab. Stars are easy, right? Uh, no. I didn't even stop to think about the sheer ridiculousness of the math behind astronomy. I'm up to my eyeballs in excruciating geometry problems, and compounding the struggle is a batch of TAs who won't answer emails. I'm also taking a statistics class, which is also math intensive. And both classes are 7 week intensive courses, which is good in that I'll be done quickly, but the sheer quantity of work I have every day is kind of crazy. The next 7 week term should be easier: I'm taking all upper division Political Science classes, which shouldn't require so much math. I hate math. So far, I'm holding A's in both classes. Let's see if I can keep it up. :)

Actually, speaking of school, I've probably been procrastinating long enough, and I should probably go jump back into my homework. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment