Tuesday, January 24, 2012

fourteen

So, time is starting to move along pretty steadily. It's been two weeks since I kissed my sweet fiance goodbye at the pier, two weeks of getting used to the gaping hole in my heart and the deafening silence in the house. In some ways it feels like he's been gone for months, and in other ways I'd swear he just left yesterday (like, oh my god, why do I STILL have so much of his laundry coming out of the dryer??)

It's been a rough transition. I mean, it always is, but this one is harder than I'd expected. It's different this time.

Luckily, school is keeping me busy. That's kind of an understatement...I don't know why I thought that Statistics 390 would be fun cut with a little Astronomy. I haven't done this much math in my entire life. I'm holding a B in Stats, though, and scored a huge victory in Astronomy today: one of my assignments this week was a hugely lengthy exploration of the electromagnetic spectrum (that's a vague summary, sorry), and I scored 102% on it. I nearly passed out when my score flashed on screen. I haven't been so relieved or excited or astonished in my whole life. It brought my score up to an A in the class. There are. no. words.

I think I'm going to go sit on the couch and revel in the sheer amazingness of it.

Good night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment