Thursday, February 9, 2012

front door

Day 3: Front door.

I love this little wooden plaque I've had hanging on my door for a bazillion years. Its perfect.

While I love this little greeting, and Daisy's happy wagging tail waiting for me when I walk through the door, it's just not the same as having Adam waiting for me when I walk through the door. I miss him so much.

Especially this week.

Oh my goodness, this was a ridiculous week. Seriously, everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.

I had a giant food show Monday and Tuesday, and it was seriously a total comedy of errors. It was just awful. It didn't help matters that my boss was super stressed out and in an awful mood...I hate being bitched at for things that I can't help. It made me feel even more stressed out than I already was.

Then, first thing Wednesday morning, my fancy-pants Keurig coffee maker inexplicably died. It's the third Keurig I've gone through since Christmas 2010, and I'm terribly annoyed that I'll have to ether suck it up or call the company for another replacement brewer. Honestly, I'm tired of dealing with such a poorly constructed machine, especially when it's the top-of-the-line Platinum model, and the ridiculously expensive coffee pods that go with it...I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy myself a nice normal coffee pot for my birthday present. I bought a french press the other day, to serve as an electricity-free alternative, and it'll definitely work as a back up...but I'm definitely looking forward to finding a new coffee maker that won't need to be replaced every few months.

After the coffee fiasco, I had a bunch of meetings to attend in a really short period of time before heading to a major meeting up at a distributor at 10:30. I was racing to unload the food show gear from my car before flying up to Poway, and I somehow dropped my Blackberry. It shattered. I nearly threw up. That was a fun conversation to have with the boss. So now I have my calls forwarded to my iPhone, but it's still an enormous hassle, and I don't have any access to my contact list or voicemail or anything. It's stressful.

This morning I was in the kitchen washing a coffee mug at the crack of dawn, and I heard this funny noise. I glanced up just in time to see a wall of dirty water cascade out of the giant light fixture encompassing half my ceiling...I was soaked, the dog was terrified, and my kitchen floor looked more like a swimming pool. I sloshed next door and alerted the landlord (there are days when I feel enormously fortunate to share a yard with the owner!), and he spent the rest of the day working with the maintenance guy to find a solution. The maintenance guy, Hugo, practically lives at my house lately...there's been problem after problem, but this totally took the cake. It was ridiculous.

Then, this afternoon, I logged into my work laptop to check some emails and do some paperwork, and the whole thing froze. I couldn't believe it. I turned the machine off and rebooted it, and since then it's been stuck on this blank blue screen. And, of course, the IT department is MIA. And now I have no way of checking my emails. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I need a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment